HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

November 9, 2010

A Month of Thanksgiving...Day 1-9

Last night I started thinking about Thanksgiving and all that I am thankful for. Then I wondered what the definition of Thanksgiving was...well according to Wikipedia.

The meaning of Thanksgiving (according to Wikipedia): Thanksgiving is a holiday to express thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation to God, family and friends for which all have been blessed of material possessions and relationships.

A holiday to express thankfulness, gratitude and appreciation to God, family and friends for which all have been blessed...

How often do we take Thanksgiving as just "another holiday" where we can eat, see family and watch football? This Thanksgiving I want it to be more. So for the month of November it is my goal to acknowledge something I am grateful for every day of the month. I know I am a little behind since it is the 9th, so I will start with 9 things today and pick up tomorrow.

As you read my blog each day this month I challenge you to really think about what you are thankful for.

I am thankful for...

1. God and the fact that He sent His Son to die for us.
2. Josh and our almost 5 years of marriage. For the great husband and father he is.
3. My son, Elijah Patrick, without him I wouldn't know how deep a mother's love really goes. Also for the joy he brings into our life!
4. My family and for their outpouring support physically, mentally, emotionally and definitely at times financially.
5. My In-laws who are amazing and such a blessing in our lives.
6. My friends who have supported me during hard times and happy times. For the relationships that have with held during rocky times and moves across the country.
7. My church family(Grace Fellowship) and the blessing that they are to my family and for the love and support they give us in our walk with God.
8. Generosity. So many have shown us generosity over the years both financially and physically.
9. Another day. Thankful that God has given me yet another day to be here on earth to love my family, friends and continue on with the purpose He has for me.

What are you thankful for??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!