The Pepperoni Wild Rice Pizza came about after eating at Tower Pizza (almost every time I went to my parent's house). They serve a delicious P.W.R. Pizza! However, Tower is just over 2 hours away and I can't jump in the car every time I want it. Not to mention it is expensive! So, I thought..."I can make one." Well I searched on recipe websites and Google and NOTHING! That's when I decided to create my own recipe!
I have two recipes...a quick one and a little more time consuming one.
First one (this is the picture above)
Easy Pepperoni Wild Rice Pizza
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust (Classic)
1 Box (4.3oz) of Rice A Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Flavor
Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning from Tastefully Simple (optional)
Pizza Sauce: amount to your liking
Pizza Blend Cheese: amount to your liking...I like a lot!
Other toppings as desired (Green Peppers are really good with wild rice)
Cook the Rice A Roni as directed on the box. While the Rice is cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees while you finish the rice and roll out the dough. Once the dough is on the cookie sheet add the Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning (prepare the seasoning with the butter as directed on bottle). Add the sauce, pepperonis, other toppings (if desired). Once Wild Rice is done add to the pizza then add cheese! Bake for 13-17 minutes depending on how thick your toppings are! Eat and Enjoy!
The second recipe is below:
Pepperoni Wild Rice Pizza w/ Homemade Dough
4 cups cooked Long Grain Wild Rice
Homemade Pizza Dough*
Italian Garlic Bread Seasoning from Tastefully Simple
14 oz Pizza Sauce (I use 1/2)
16 oz Pizza Blend Cheese
Other toppings if desired (Green Peppers are really good on this pizza)
Prepare the Pizza Dough earlier in the day or prepare in advance and freeze. Prepare Wild Rice according to the bag/box. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out dough on a floured surface and shape to your desire. Add the ingredients: Seasoning, sauce, pepperonis, other toppings (if desired), wild rice, cheese. Bake for 8 minutes or until pizza looks done. Eat and Enjoy!
Tasty Pizza Dough From: Bert Anderson
3 cups flour
2 tsp course salt
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 - 1 and 3/4 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
cornmeal (for dusting your rolling surface)
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, yeast)
2. Add 1 cup warm water and olive oil, mixing gently.
(Avoid over working the dough. If using a mixer or processor, blend for about 30 seconds.)
3. Check the dough's consistency, if the dough is dry and crumbly add more warm water, a little at a time, until the dough moist but not too sticky.
4. Kneed the dough a few times and shape into a ball.
5. Let the dough rise for 2 hours on the counter top or for 6 hours in the fridge.
6. Cut the dough in halves and let rise for another 10 minutes.
(If freezing one half put into a freezer bag after splitting the dough.)
7. Roll out the dough on a surface with some cornmeal or flour sprinkled on top.
8. Top as desired.
9. Bake at 450 for about 8 minutes. (I turn the heat on my oven to the highest temp and bake it until it looks finished.)
(Check the bottom of the pizza to see if it's crispy enough according to your taste.)
I linked up at: