HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

October 8, 2011

100 Miles

I hate running. Yep, that's right, I do! Remember when I decided to run my first (and thus far ONLY) 5k? I didn't enjoy it, I didn't love it, and I wasn't addicted to it! I completed it because I had support from my two best friends. But I am 99.9% sure I could not run more than that 5k.

{Hannah and Pamela, her sponsored child}

Hannah, a family friend, and one of my sister's best friends is running 100 miles starting tonight! Yep, that's right...100 miles! Is Hannah crazy, maybe a little, but does she have a good reason...YES!! Hannah and three others (You can read their bios here) are running 100 miles to get 100 sponsors for children in Africa! So far 104 children have been sponsored!

They are starting the race tonight and timing it so that they finish their last 26.2 miles in the Chicago Marathon!

{Hannah and Pamela, her sponsored child}

What they are doing is so amazing! Check out the article that CBS did on them here.

Good luck to Hannah and the other three Team World Vision runners!

Hannah, good luck tonight and tomorrow as you run your 100 miles, 100 miles that are not for yourself, but for those in need! You truly have a heart for God and those in need! Thank you for being strong and using your gift that God has given you! Praying for you, Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!