March 1, 2011

Easy Recipes from My Kitchen to Yours...

Today I thought I would share a couple recipes. The first one is a recipe for Crock-Pot Chili. My mom made this recipe up when my sister won't eat beans. This recipe uses refried beans as a way of ''hidding'' the beans/protein in the dish.

Crock-Pot Chili [Homemade by Sue Griffith]

1 jug V-8 Juice, Spicy
1 lb. Hamburger [browned]
1 can drained Kidney Bean
1 can Refried Beans

Place all the ingredients in the crock-pot for a minimum of 4 hours [on high] or on low all day. Right before serving add sour cream and cheese. ENJOY.


The other recipe I want to share is Double Puffy Oven Pancake. This is becoming one of our favorites and it is so easy. Josh also said, after I had made it for the first time, that his mom use to make it for them. A family tradition that I didn't even know about. How fun.

Double Puffy Oven Pancake [Betty Crocker Cookbook- Bridal Edition]

Prep- 10 min. Bake- 30 min. Serve immediately

4 Large eggs
1 c. All-purpose flour
1 c. Milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon [optional] [I added this ingredient..it's not in the cookbook]
Powder sugar [optional]

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Melt 1/3 c. butter in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Brush butter over bottom and side of pan.
2. Beats 4 eggs slightly in medium bowl with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk, salt, and cinnamon just until mixed [do not over beat or pancake may not puff.] Pour into pan.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown. Serve immediately sprinkled with lemon juice and/or powdered sugar or topped with fruit. Enjoy.



Hope you enjoy these easy recipes. From my kitchen to yours....

5 comments:

  1. The Double puffy pancakes sounds amazing. I am going to try them this morning. Thanks for the recipe.
    New follower, hopping through from Monday Mingle.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chili and have just written your recipe down. I can't wait to try it and know that my hubby is going to love this. I'm also your new follower. Have a blessed week! http://swcottagedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, there. Thank you for participating in Monday Mingle. I look forward to seeing you back every Monday. Make sure you pass by and enter my current giveaway for the Robby Wash Laundry Ball. If you win, you can say goodbye to buying laundry detergent for one whole year! Good luck! http://toughcookiemommy.com/2011/07/oransi-robby-wash-laundry-ball-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really, really good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!