HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

April 23, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Happy Sunday...oh wait, it's Monday. Yes, I was completely confused yesterday on what day it was (thinking it was Saturday even at 10:45pm), so needless to say this is getting out today, on the real Monday!

Don't forget to grab a button and link up! Comment below if you link up so I can stop by your blog! And remember to check out The Winking of an Eye for another Slow Cooker Sunday recipe!

Slow cooker Sunday


Today's recipe, Chicken Alfredo Lasagna, comes from 365 days of Slow Cooking's website.

I must first apologize for the lateness of my post and then apologize because there is NO picture. I was late coming home from work and our lovely guests had already arrived so we dished, served and ate...and forgot pictures! Oops! *I will make this again and update with a picture*

I will post the recipe as found on the website and list my changes in red.


Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

6 Lasagna noodles, uncooked (I used 9)
16 oz jar Alfredo Sauce
2 Tbsp water
3/4 c. Chicken, cooked and diced (I used 1 1/2 c)
8 oz Cottage Cheese (I used 10-12 oz)
1 c. Mozzarella Cheese, grated (I used 1 1/2 c)

Break 2-3 noodles to fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer a third of the Alfredo sauce, 1 Tbsp of water, and half of the chicken over the noodles. Spread half of the Cottage cheese (4-6 oz) and sprinkle a third of Mozzarella cheese over the meat layer. Add another layer of noodles. Repeat...Layer a third of the Alfredo sauce, 1 Tbsp of water, and remaining chicken over the noodles. Spread half of the Cottage cheese (4-6 oz) and sprinkle a third of Mozzarella cheese over the meat layer. Layer remaining noodles, sauce and Mozzarella. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Do not cook more than 5 hours. 

Sides:
For side dishes we added Garlic Bread and a Spinach salad. We had Cake Cones for dessert!


Review: 
We LOVED this recipe! My husband is not a fan of red sauce so this was perfect! It serves 5. We had 4 adults get seconds and our little man didn't eat too much because he was distracted. You could easily double this recipe and still have room in the slow cooker. Not sure if that would adjust your cooking time though. Super easy, kind of healthy (minus the Alfredo sauce), family friendly meal that we WILL be making again! 

Enjoy!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!