HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

April 29, 2011

InspiredByFinn Review (Teething Necklace)

Well we are at that stage of life when Elijah is starting to teeth! Who knew it would come so fast!?

I have heard horror stories from many people about teething and I wanted to be prepared! So, I asked my dear friend Bert, over at FTM, about the "teething" necklace she purchased for her son. She got it from InspiredByFinn. She loved it! So I thought I would give it a try...I mean it can't hurt to try! I went on the website and found so many options to choice from. Well, I believe if something works, why change it, so I bought the same necklace Bert used for Brennan, the Butter Round.

The necklace came for Elijah on a Monday and we popped it on him!
Elijah wearing his necklace!
At this point he had one tooth that had already broke through on Sunday. We put it on him each day (taking it off during naps and at night) and waited to see if it was helping. I have to be honest, I wasn't so sure it was...I mean he only fussed ONE day while the first tooth came through! So a little skeptical I kept on waiting. Then it hit...we didn't put it on him for hours and he was fussy...not fussy because he was hungry or tired, but fussy from teething! The other thing I have noticed (can't say 100% that it's related...) but he has had NO drooling and has rarely spit up with the necklace on (and he was spitting up every day)!! I think as time goes on and more teeth start making their way up we will be able to notice a difference with the necklace even more!

But for now...I am happy and Elijah is happy! :) PLUS...their shipping is great...only $2.95!!

Here is a little more about the necklaces (taken from the website):

Our necklaces and bracelets are handcrafted and are made of authentic Baltic amber, the most esteemed type of amber in the world. The translucency of amber depends on the amount of air bubbles contained within a piece of amber and their distribution. Some believe the color is related to the type of tree source. 


Via
Among other things, amber is a natural analgesic (pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory. When amber is worn on the skin, the warmth of the skin releases trace amounts of healing oils on the skin. Commonly known as "teething jewelry," Baltic amber has been a natural and traditional European remedy for teething discomfort for hundreds of years.


The necklace fastens with a screw clasp, and the necklace cord is knotted in between each bead.


I received the necklace at a discount from InspiredByFinn  for giving my honest review. All opinions on this review are my own.

2 comments:

  1. That is really interesting! I have never heard of that. I'm anxious to hear if you conclude it's helpful or not once you use it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought one of these when Eisley was little. I just bought it cause it was so cute. I have yet to try it on Ender - I should though! Tis the season for teething! Glad it's working so well for Elijah! that's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!