HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

April 12, 2011

Name Art: DIY

I wanted to make some Name Art for Elijah's room. I already had a white canvas that I had bought at JoAnn Fabrics for 50% off over a year ago. So I decided to make something with that. In my head I knew what I wanted...however, my art skills are not as good in real life as they are in my head and this is what I came up with!
First attempt: NOT so good!

I used the accent color (a brown from Walmart) that is on one of Elijah's wall for the base of the canvas. I then used the main color of his walls (Eucalyptus Leaf from Home Depot) for the letters to spell his name. It is nothing to write home about...but apparently I can write about it here! :)

So I decided to repaint the canvas in brown and come up with a new plan. Well...after MANY days of painting, repainting, gluing, and Mod Podging  here it is!!

I apparently take my pictures crooked...


It still didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but it's better than the first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!