HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

March 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday: Mama's Homemade Chili

Welcome to the FIRST edition of Slower Cooker Sunday! Sundays at our house are ALWAYS super busy with church in the mornings and small groups in the evenings, plus several things in between those two events. That's why I decided to start using my Slow Cooker on Sundays! I mean, who doesn't want an easier life, right?!?! 
So first up is...Mama's Homemade Chili!

My mom gave me a recipe for Homemade Chili and we loved it! One day I didn't have all the ingredients that my mom's called for and thus began my own recipe for chili. 

Mama's Homemade Chili


1 Jug of V8 Juice: Spicy
1 lb. Hamburger (browned)
1 can Kidney Beans (drained)
1 can Fat-free Re-fried Beans (*optional)
1 can Black Beans (drained/rinsed)
1 can of Corn (drained)

Brown the hamburger in a pan on the stove. After it is browned, drain grease and add the hamburger and all other ingredients into your crock-pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low all day long.
Serve with cheese and sour cream on top. Enjoy!


*Linking Up: DIY Home Sweet Home, Newly Weds on a Budget, Not Just a Housewife, a bowl full of lemons,  Chef in Training, Tip Junkie, Junk in their Trunk, Grateful Belly

6 comments:

  1. This looks so simple and so good! I'm still looking for a perfect chili recipe. I don't think I've tried one yet with V8 juice in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from the Monday Mingle. I co-host the Creative Corner Hop every Monday. Feel free to stop by and link-up. http://cherishedhandmadetreasures.blogspot.com/2012/03/creative-corner-hop-week-4-linkyparty.html

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really yummy. I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingle Please stop by mine too

    Diane @http://www.candoitmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks so flavorful and easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that looks so good! We love chili at our house:) I'm a new follower and would love to have you stop by my new blog and follow too, if you get a minute. My first link party/give-away is running now through Saturday. I hope you can stop by and link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crock pot meals are great! I also like them for busy Sundays. Our church is 3 hours, everyone is starving when we walk in the door. I have several good crock pot recipes on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!