HOMEABOUTProjectsMary KayRecipesContact

May 14, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath

My latest craft/DIY project...

A Coffee Filter Wreath 

I have seen several wreaths done on several different sites and decided to give it a try. Now I am no professional crafter by any means, but I gave it a shot. 

I started with a package of coffee filters and a foam wreath all from the dollar store. 





I also had a hot glue gun, glue sticks and ribbon (all of which I already had).



I attached the ribbon first to the back of the wreath with hot glue. I used brown because I had it on hand and plan to use it with a brown frame.


Really all I did was fold the filters in half, then in half again and again, until they looked like this...


Then I folded the tip and put some hot glue on...carefully...and just started putting it on the wreath in a circle fashion. I really didn't have much "pattern" going on.


And I kept on a folding and gluing...until it looked like this...



Not 100% sure where I am going to use it...

Your turn, have you ever tried a coffee filter art project? I have plenty of coffee filters left so I need to find something else to try. Any ideas?


I WAS FEATURED AT...


Photobucket"/>

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I have no ideas for coffee filters...not that creative. I leave that up to you creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So cute!! :) You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!